TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for goods and services supplied to you, including the use of soldeli.co.uk (“our website”), cookery classes and events operated by Soldeli Sushi School (“us” “we” “our”). Services include but are not limited to general cooking courses and classes, private cooking classes, catering and event booking. Goods include but not limited to gift vouchers and any products we sell in our website.
COOKERY CLASSES AND EVENTS
By booking a cookery classes and events with us, you agree that:
2. For in-person classes:
2.1. You will arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your class, whether this be arriving in person for an in-person cooking class or connecting online for an online cooking class.
2.2. You will not attend if you have been unwell within the 48 hours before your class. This is to protect other participants and staff as illnesses can be spread through food. Please note that our cancellation and rescheduling policy (below) will still apply if you are unwell as per those terms and conditions below, therefore, we suggest that you send someone in your place (as explained at paragraph 10 below).
2.3. You may be refused admission or asked to leave a class if we suspect that you are under the influence of alcohol or an illicit substance, are unwell or are engaging in inappropriate behaviour. No refunds or rescheduling will be offered in those circumstances.
2.4. You will follow all our hygiene and safety instructions and procedures. You acknowledge, however, that whilst we will suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for us to safeguard your health and safety at all times. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety and that there is an element of risk inherent in participating in a cookery class.
2.5. Only paying guests are permitted to be in the cookery school premises whilst classes are in progress or are permitted to view and/or hear online cooking classes.
3. For online classes:
3.1. If you book an online cooking class, You may need to purchase ingredients box separately from Soldeli online prior to the class a week in advance. Upon receiving securely, please store them in your home freezer to the day of the class and start to defrost in a few hours advance according to the instruction enclosed. We will also send an ingredients list, equipment list and preparation guidelines to the email address you provide at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to pay for and ensure you have the ingredients and equipment required to participate in the online cooking class. We are not liable to provide any refunds, exchanges, reschedule an online class, pay for the cost of ingredients or equipment, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to fulfil those requirements.
3.2. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the technical capability (such as software and internet speed) to attend the class you booked. We are not liable to provide any refunds, exchanges, reschedule an online class, provide technical support, or liable in any other way to you if you are unable to attend or participate fully in an online cookery class due to any technical issues.
3.3. You alone are responsible to ensure ingredients you purchase before an online cooking class are suitable for your own health needs, and safely transported, stored and (if applicable) prepared.
4. You will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all claims, damages, liabilities and causes of action which may arise as a result of:
4.1. your preparation, storage, re-heating and consumption of food after your class;
4.2. any loss of personal property whilst on our premises;
4.3. any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in our cooking classes.
5. Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any classes you have paid for.
7. Bookings, rescheduling and cancellations
7.1. For scheduled and private cookery classes:
7.1.1. full payment is required to confirm a booking.
7.1.2. If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you must contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
184.108.40.206. If you give us 7 days or more notice prior to the date of the event booked, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid for participants that are no longer attending.
220.127.116.11. If you give us less than 7 days notice, we are sorry that we will be unable to refund.
7.1.3. The first rescheduling is free, however the subsequent rescheduling will be subject to 10% of fee for administration fee per class per attendee.
7.1.4. If you are unable to attend the class with less than 48 hours notice, you may transfer the booking to another person. Please provide the name, email address, mobile number at least 24 hours before the class. Please note that we may not be able to cater for any dietary requirements.
7.1.5. If you need to reschedule a booking you must contact us by emailing to email@example.com
8. No allowance or refund will be made for food, beverages, supplies or services that are not used or consumed at the class/event.
9. If you have an invoice query, you must notify us within 7 days of the invoice date. You are not entitled to withhold payment of any undisputed part of the charges in connection with any dispute or query.
FOOD ALLERGY POLICY
- Ingredients may contain or have been manufactured/prepared on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shellfish and other allergens.
- You must inform us of any dietary requirements and allergies that you and any other participants have at the time of booking and confirm those when you arrive for your cookery class/event. Where a person attends in replacement of another person, you must notify us in advance.
- We will try our best to provide you with a work area that does not have the ingredients you are allergic to, however, whether you attend an in-person class or online class, you are ultimately also responsible for avoiding allergens and ensuring your guests avoid allergens.
- You alone are responsible, and we accept no responsibility, for ensuring that allergy and dietary requirements are looked after for anyone who consumes any food you take home from a cookery class.
Should you need to contact us, if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions:
Contact us via our Website Soldeli.co.uk
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org